Frasier Forward: Construction News
Frasier Forward, a $90+ million construction project, includes The Prairies, a 98 independent living apartment building, a new Arts and Education Center, an expanded Wellness Center and extensive renovations of dining venues. The completion of the entire expansion is projected for the last quarter of 2019. For more information on The Prairies, click here.
Stay informed on all of our construction news and updates.
Every attempt is made to inform you of construction news as quickly and with as much notice as possible. However, information may change once published due to weather, complications, and items beyond our control. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding when schedules or timelines shift.
- Due to the pipe installation related to the Arts & Education Center, the temporary closure of parking spaces north of the main entrance parking is necessary for about one week, beginning Tuesday, December 4 through December 11. Upon completion of that section, those spots will open and the parking spots south of the main entrance will then be closed for a week (December 11-19). Only one lane will be open at this entrance during the entire pipe installation. Pinkard Construction will assist with entering and exiting this entrance by directing traffic.
- Floodwall work will start Tuesday, December 4, at the Frasier South parking ramp. The ramp will be reduced to one lane of traffic to create a safe zone for the workers. This work is anticipated to last about a week. A row of parking spaces in the HCC parking lot will be blocked off to accommodate this work.
- The 2nd Floor Dining Room remains closed for renovation. The grand stairway between the 2nd and 1st floor shall remain open during most of the remodel work.
- HillTop: Pinkard Construction will be working on punch-list items in the coming weeks.
- Arts & Education Center: The primary phase of masonry work for the exterior walls and elevator will be completed this week. Rough plumbing and electrical is in process in the lower level. Structural steel was delivered last week with more coming this week. Steel installation will start next week. The roof installation is scheduled for early January.
- The Prairies: North wing – The wall panels for the 2nd floor are complete. The fireproofing of steel beams is in process and nearly complete. A portion of the third-floor deck will be poured on Thursday, December 6. Central wing – The final portion of the 2nd-floor deck was poured last week. South wing – Steel beam installation will be completed this week. Decking has started and will continue.
- 2nd Floor Dining Room: Coordination for all trades continues, especially with the millwork and kitchen equipment supplier. The rough-in plumbing/electrical is in process. Wall framing is complete. The existing kitchen equipment has been cleaned and was moved back in place last week.
- Marketing Suite: Rough mechanical/electrical is in process. Drywall will start next week.
WebCam1 (view of The Prairies – the new IL Building)
WebCam2 (view of the Arts & Education Center)
Thank you for your patience during our expansion! For questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our Frasier Forward master plan partners: